Easy Chicken Alfredo Pasta
Fast & Fancy
Three Farm Daughters
As the sun dips below the horizon and your kitchen fills with the heavenly aroma of roasted chicken and garlic, it's clear that tonight's dinner will be something special.
This Easy Chicken Alfredo Pasta is not your typical weeknight meal. It's a symphony of flavors and textures, with succulent chicken, al dente pasta, and a velvety sauce that will have you swooning with every bite.
Full disclosure: The unsung hero of this dish takes a cheeky shortcut you won’t regret - Tender shreds of juicy, ready-cooked rotisserie chicken! And while some may argue this is taking the easy way out; the rich, smoky flavors of succulent slow-roasted chicken totally speak for themselves. And let's face it, who has time to roast a whole bird on a weeknight? Here’s your cue to pick up a high-quality roast chicken on your way home and let yourself indulge in the luxurious convenience of pre-cooked perfection!
Next comes the magic: a luscious mixture of cream, Parmesan cheese, and butter that melds together into a decadent Alfredo sauce, draping each penne quill in a deliciousness that will have everyone licking their plates clean.
But the best part? This all-star recipe is endlessly versatile, opening up a world of options to add a medley of fresh, vibrant vegetables to the mix. Get creative with chargrilled asparagus, broccoli, mushrooms, or baby peas to brighten things up with a pop of color, nutrition and contrasting texture.
And let's not forget about the finishing touches that bring everything together: a sprinkle of fragrant herbs, sun-dried tomatoes, and a scattering of buttery, crunchy pine nuts take it to the next level.
The result is a pasta dish that's indulgent and comforting, yet still elegant enough for a dinner party. It's the kind of meal that makes you want to slow down and savor every bite, because it's just that good. Why not treat yourself to a little bit of pasta alfredo magic tonight?
2 boxes Three Farm Daughters Penne pasta
- 4 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
1 cup Parmesan Cheese, finely grated
1 large fully-cooked Rotisserie Chicken, best quality, white meat torn into bite-size chunks and skin discarded. (Sub fully-cooked grilled chicken filets, if preferred)
- ½ cup Sun-Dried Tomatoes, drained & chopped (optional)
- ½ cup Artichoke Hearts, drained & chopped (optional)
- Sea Salt & White Pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh Parsley, roughly chopped
- ½ cup fresh Basil or ¼ cup fresh Oregano, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup Pine Nuts, toasted, to serve
*Optional: Extra veggies of your choice, such as Grilled Asparagus, Broccoli, Mushrooms or Baby Peas (see Recipe Note)
Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil for the pasta.
First, shred the meat from the cooked rotisserie chicken into a small bowl. Using clean hands, remove the wings from the bird, setting them aside for another meal. Tear the breast and thigh meat into bite-sized chunks, discarding the skin and bones. A large roast chicken should yield about 3 cups of juicy, perfectly-seasoned white meat (Alternatively, feel free to use 3-4 sliced leftover grilled chicken breasts instead). Cover the bowl to keep the shredded chicken moist and set aside while you prepare the sauce.
- In a separate large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the minced garlic and cook until fragrant, stirring frequently, about 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in the heavy cream and bring the mixture to a gentle simmer, stirring occasionally. Allow the sauce to bubble up and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly, until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Meanwhile, cook the Three Farm Daughters Penne according to package instructions until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the pasta cooking water to use later, and set the pasta aside to keep warm while you finish the sauce.
- Next, sprinkle the grated Parmesan cheese into the saucepan and stir until the cheese has melted and the sauce is silky smooth.
- Add the shredded rotisserie chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and your choice of optional veggies (see recipe note below) to the sauce and stir gently to combine. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until the chicken is warmed through. Season to taste with sea salt & white pepper.
- Next, it’s time for the pasta! Tumble the cooked Three Farm Daughters Penne into the saucepan and toss to coat with the luscious sauce, adding a few spoonfuls of reserved cooking water to help the glossy, velvety sauce fill each penne quill with deliciousness.
- To serve, divide the Chicken Alfredo Pasta among bowls or a large, pretty serving dish. Scatter over the chopped parsley along with your choice of basil or oregano, and sprinkle generously with toasted pine nuts for a buttery and indulgent crunch.
Adding some extra veggies is a great way to make this Chicken Alfredo Pasta recipe even more nutritious and flavorful!
Here are our favorite veg that work wonderfully with this creamy Alfredo sauce:
- Chargrilled Asparagus: Trim woody ends from asparagus spears & toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Grill over medium-high heat until tender and slightly charred, about 5-7 mins.
- Broccoli: Toss some broccoli florets into the cooking water with the pasta for the final 3-4 mins of pasta cooking time, until bright green and slightly tender, and pasta is al dente. Drain everything together and enjoy!
- Mushrooms: Slice Baby Bella mushrooms and sauté them in a little olive oil over medium-high heat until tender and lightly browned, about 5-7 mins.
- Baby Peas: Blanch frozen baby peas in boiling water for 1-2 minutes until tender and bright green. Drain and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process.
To incorporate these veggies into the recipe, simply add them to the saucepan in Step 7 along with the cooked chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, and artichoke hearts. You can use any combination of veggies that you like, and feel free to experiment with different cooking methods and seasonings to suit your taste.