The Ultimate Umami-Bomb Pasta
Three Farm Daughters
Get ready for an explosion of flavor with our Ultimate Umami-Bomb Pasta! We’ve pulled the pin on a real flavor grenade with this one, so buckle up for the gourmet ride of your life.
Just add your favorite Three Farm Daughters Pasta shape to this delicious lineup of lip-smacking, umami-forward sauce ingredients, featuring the best of the best that “the fifth taste” has to offer…
Garlic butter mushrooms, aged parmesan, pancetta, tomatoes two ways, and caramelized onions combine in this pasta dish that will blow your taste buds away!
Brace yourself for the savory ride of your life with this unforgettable pasta that’s guaranteed to leave you wanting more… Just don’t blame us if it blows your hair back!
- 1 box Three Farm Daughters Cavatappi
- 1/4 cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 cup Pancetta or Prosciutto, finely diced
- 1 large Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 5 cloves of Garlic, crushed
- 2 cups canned, crushed San Marzano Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Italian Tomato Paste, best quality
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce or Miso Paste
- 8 oz Cremini Mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup reserved pasta cooking water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh Parsley, roughly chopped
Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the pancetta or prosciutto and cook until crispy.
- Next, add the sliced onions to the pan with the pancetta cubes. Saute until onions are caramelized, translucent and slightly golden brown, stirring occasionally, about 15-20 minutes.
- In a separate frypan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the sliced mushrooms and garlic, and cook for 5-7 minutes or until mushrooms are tender, golden brown, and the garlic is fragrant. Set aside to stay warm.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the package directions until al dente. Drain, reserving one cup of the starchy cooking water to stir through the sauce, and set aside.
- Once your onions have caramelized, stir in the tomato paste and allow it to toast off in the hot pan to “wake up” the rich tomato flavor.
- Finally, pour in the canned tomatoes and soy sauce (or Miso paste, if using), and bring everything to a simmer. Allow to bubble gently for 5-7 minutes, until the sauce has thickened.
- To assemble, stir the cooked pasta, tomato sauce, garlic mushrooms and parmesan cheese together. Toss to coat the pasta evenly, adding some spoonfuls of reserved pasta water to loosen the sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Scatter with chopped parsley and serve at once… To a standing ovation!