15-Minute Shrimp Scampi Pasta with Crispy Panko Crumbs
Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
Fast & Fancy
Three Farm Daughters
You know you're in for something special when a dish begins as a feast for the senses: The heady aroma of garlic, white wine and succulent shrimp fills the air, and you can't help but smile at the satisfying crackle of golden panko crumbs sizzling in the skillet. With a timeless flavor profile that's nothing short of divine, you'll be fawning over this indulgent shrimp scampi pasta all season long.
Tender rotini gets a spring in its step with a subtle hit of chili for those who like it hot, balanced out by a bright and citrusy lemon butter sauce that ups the ante on easy weeknight dinners. Plump, juicy shrimp and a vibrant scattering of crispy, golden panko breadcrumbs bring a satisfying crunch and toothsome texture contrast to each bite, then herbaceous parsley brings it all home.
Did we mention it's on the table in 15 minutes flat? Better make enough for seconds - you're gonna need 'em.
- 1 box of Three Farm Daughters Rotini
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¾ cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1 lb large Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 cloves Garlic, divided (2 cloves grated, 4 minced)
- ¼ tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- ½ cup Dry White Wine
- ¼ cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 small Onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh Parsley, chopped
- Sea Salt & freshly ground Black pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Lemon wedges, and extra Red Pepper Flakes, to serve
Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil.
In a large skillet over medium heat, combine the panko breadcrumbs, olive oil and 1⁄4 tsp sea salt. Cook, stirring constantly for 3-4 mins, until panko is lightly golden. Grate 2 garlic cloves over the panko and cook, stirring, until garlic is fragrant and breadcrumbs are crispy. Remove the toasted garlicky breadcrumbs from the skillet and set aside on a plate.
- Next, cook the Rotini pasta until al dente, around 11 minutes. Before draining, reserve 1 cup of the starchy pasta cooking water for the sauce. Set aside, and cover pasta to keep warm while you prepare the shrimp.
- Meanwhile, using the same breadcrumb skillet, melt the unsalted butter over medium heat. Add the shrimp and cook until pink and just cooked through, about 2-3 minutes per side. Scatter over the remaining 4 minced garlic cloves and red pepper flakes. Saute until the garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Pour over the white wine and lemon juice and stir to combine. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the sauce has reduced slightly.
- Add the cooked pasta to the skillet with the shrimp and half of the chopped parsley. Toss everything together with a few spoonfuls of reserved pasta water to create a glossy, luscious sauce. Season to taste.
- Pile the pasta into a pretty serving dish, arranging the shrimp on top for gorgeous presentation. Scatter generously with parmesan, remaining parsley, and the toasted garlicky panko breadcrumbs. Pass lemon wedges and extra crushed red pepper flakes on the side if you like it hot!